LinkedIn

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LinkedIn

Have you ever used linkedin to find internships or part time jobs?

Yes, I use it over any other service, the people on there are always very responsive and very professional!

Comment

I prefer ilnkedin to any of the other job sites you find because of their messaging and application platform. It looks and runs smooth

Comment

Yes. I applied to one of my internships through there. It does seem more professional which is why I'm more akin to using this site over others

Comment

I haven't used it before but my friends have told me to use it! Definitely going to give it a try in the near future

Comment

It's useful even after internships, too. You can ask whoever you interned with to write you a nice recommendation which helps you stand out. I like that I can list my skills and what sort of jobs I'm looking for.

Comment

I'd say to keep using it even after you score a job or internship. Connections are powerful and Linkedin makes it really easy to do so. It'll send you messages like, "do you know ___?" and if you do, just hit 'accept', and BAM you're connected. You can search for people who work at your company or previous employees at other jobs you worked at, too. I'd recommend looking up teachers, professors, and classmates, too. The more connections you have, the more impressive it looks and the more doors open for you.

Comment

is it hard to set up an account? it looks like theres a lot of info to fill out

Comment

Originally posted by lingbone View Post
                  is it hard to set up an account? it looks like theres a lot of info to fill out
                  Nope! A lot of it is just basic stuff: name, city, education, current job, past jobs, past experience, skills. Then you can put any accomplishments, publications, or awards on there, too.

Comment

Working...
                  X