Work study or off campus job?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Work study or off campus job?

What do you all think? Should I stay with my minimum wage work study job on campus or take a position off campus that pays a $1 more an hour with the opportunity for advancement? My work study job is capped at what I'm making right now, I have no chance of a raise while working this job. The off campus job pays a little more, and I could possibly get a raise eventually, but I would have to deal with public transportation every day to get to it, likely spending over an hour a day just getting to and from work.

i say stick with the campus job. who wants to sit on a bus for an hour everyday?

Comment

I would try taking the public transportation to and from the work location and see how the trip is. Might be a good opportunity to get in some studying, depending on how the ride is. If it's not bad, consider taking the off campus job for sure. Can't argue with extra spending money!

Comment

I would keep the on-campus job and spend that extra time you would've spent going to and from the other job learning a new skill or something that can find you a better job

Comment

Originally posted by crealions View Post
          I would keep the on-campus job and spend that extra time you would've spent going to and from the other job learning a new skill or something that can find you a better job
          This right here is what I'd recommend as well.

Comment

It seems the general consensus is to stay on campus. I'm still thinking it over but leaning towards the work-study job at this point.

Comment

Working...
            X