Politely Declining

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Politely Declining

How do you politely let somebody know that you are not interested in being more than friends with them?

Talk to them face to face! Don't just ghost them or be distant, make it known that you are not interested but that you would still love to be friends with them and that you value your friendship

Comment

Definitely needs to be done in person, don't leave any bad blood when you're figurin it out as well

Comment

I try to get it over with really quickly and be straightforward, don't leave anything in the grey area

Comment

To me, in-person can be kinda intimidating. But texting leaves much to the imagination in tone/intention, so tread carefully. I've had to decline people before and it hurts on both ends. Just be civil and be honest. A little, "Hey, I really think you're a great person but I don't think I want to be in a relationship with you" is fine. You don't owe anyone an explanation, remember that! Unless things have been really unclear between the two of you. If you've been friends beforehand and still want to be friends, don't forget to mention that, too. Either way, respect them and yourself. If they don't take it well, excuse yourself from the conversation and try to move on. And I say this sincerely; don't stick around if you don't have to. Once they become passive-aggressive or rude, it isn't worth it.

Comment

^ Yeah, if they start getting rude and passive-aggressive...cut 'em off. You don't need that in your life.

Comment

Just speak what's on your mind and do it quickly, there's no reason to blow it up into something bigger because you left pieces out

Comment

Working...
              X