Online Dating: Yes or No?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Online Dating: Yes or No?

My family still seems stuck in the stone age and get really annoyed when I bring up dating apps. I personally really like online dating. I've found some cool people that way. Of course, there's horror stories, though...Opinions?

Eh. I think it can be helpful, especially for shy/introverted people like myself. Just have to be careful about who you talk to and all that, definitely bring a friend along on the date if you can. Might sound weird, but a few friends of mine have had their friends sit in the background of Starbucks just to make sure nothing weird would happen.

Comment

I love dating apps, it's a fun way to meet new people and sometimes honestly the horror stories are worth experiencing because they make for good...stories lol. Tell your family to get with the times

Comment

Originally posted by JungMaster View Post
        Eh. I think it can be helpful, especially for shy/introverted people like myself. Just have to be careful about who you talk to and all that, definitely bring a friend along on the date if you can. Might sound weird, but a few friends of mine have had their friends sit in the background of Starbucks just to make sure nothing weird would happen.
        I second this! Your safety comes first. Yeah, you want to have a good time, of course. But make sure your parents/friends know exactly where you are in the unfortunate case that something might happen. I've used a few apps that let people know if you arrived to your destination safely and even have a panic button installed if you feel threatened. If I remember the names of any I'll definitely let you know.

Comment

I think online dating gets a bad rep. I've met a lot of cool people (either through friendships or romances) and if someone's every weird or creepy, you can report them.

Comment

Working...
          X